So, I really just want to use this post to state the accomplishments/changes that occurred since the last blog post. The second scheduled open dialogue was successful. There were unexpected moments beyond the expected unexpected moments, but I am satisfied with the results.
           I did a reflection after the open dialogue to briefly write down what occurred and what I learned. I have to say I learned more about my parents and myself. I am so proud my parents felt free to answer however they pleased, and I am proud of my myself. Only a couple of things were really prepared like the questions, the brief introduction before the open dialogue that stated what it was for etc., and when and where the open dialogue was going to take place. I also recorded myself on my phone for a few seconds just to make sure the volume was right. I thought about the questions. I knew how I would respond to certain questions because of my own personal feelings, but I did not go out of my way to memorize my answer or even write them down. To be honest, my dad asked questions that put me their position to just think really quick and respond. Overall, I am grateful for all the help I received and even the excitement to help.
My written prayers continue..........

Comments