Since the last blog, I still have been working on my rough draft. I have to admit it is starting to get hard. I am making progress, but I am not making progress as quick as I would like to. I set an amount of pages I would like to complete for the day and sometimes I do not accomplish what I set out to do. Naturally, I am not satisfied but then I try to keep reminding myself I still have more time. I am trying to get everything done as early as possible. But sometimes, I feel like I have no choice but to move the pace I am moving because of the way my ideas are flowing. I am trying to flesh out as much as I can before I move on to the next idea as well. I am mindful that this is not my whole thesis.
 Some days, I literally just feel like I spend my time going over what I already wrote. I feel like every time I reread my paper I am changing something or finding another area I need to work on. I am trying my best to do everything the first time around. So, a lot of my time is dedicated to making sure what I said makes sense, rereading some of my sources again, and then going back to my paper to add the sources.
But in the process of doing all this, I know I made the right decision when it came to just writing instead of choosing something and sticking to it. When I first started, ideas and pages were just flowing. Now, sometimes I find myself feeling stuck or just sitting trying to figure out exactly what I want to say. Sometimes, thoughts just come to me out of nowhere and other moments I feel like I have nothing. I had an idea of what I wanted my first rough draft to look like but like I said last week things are changing. Right now, my goal is still to complete what I set out to do, but I want to end up with a draft that I am satisfied with. This is exactly what you go through when you tend to like things that are difficult lol.

But through all the stress and frustration that comes along with school, I am grateful to be in this master’s program. 
                                                         Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments